Proposal to Place the Names of World War II Casualties to the Existing War Memorial in Queen Elizabeth Park
On 30 September 2013, Lithgow City Council resolved to place on public exhibition for 28 days, a proposal to add the names of casualties of World War II to the blank marble face of the existing War Memorial in Queen Elizabeth Park. The list of names of people with a connection to Lithgow either through birth or having lived in Lithgow prior to enlistment who died in active service or as prisoners of war is available from the Lithgow City Council website, or from Council’s Customer Service counter. This list has been compiled from records of the Office of War Graves and local records including the Lithgow High School Honour Board and Lithgow Mercury.
The community is invited to make written submissions, objections or representations on this proposal, which should be sent to:
The General Manager
Lithgow City Council
PO Box 19
Lithgow NSW 2790
By 12th November 2013
For further information on the proposal, contact Matthew Johnson, Manager Community and Culture on 6354 9999.
Click here to download list
EXHIBITION OF COUNCIL POLICIES
At its meeting of 30th September 2013, Council resolved to place on public exhibition for a period of 28 days Council's Draft Policy 9.9 Payment of Expenses and Provisions of facilities to Councillors - Version 6
The draft policy is available from Customer Services and on the Council’s website. Written submissions addressed to the General Manager and marked “Submission on Draft Policy” must be received by 4pm on Thursday 8th November 2013 to be considered in the finalisation of the policy.
Click here to download Draft Policy 9.9 Payment of Expenses and Provisions of facilties to Councillors V6
Notice of Public Exhibition & Public Hearing - Draft Generic Community Lands Plan of Management
At the Ordinary Meeting of Council held on the 19th August 2013, the Council resolved to re-exhibit the Draft Generic Community Lands Plan of Management for a further period of twenty eight(28) days.
This Plan of Management outlines the values and features of Council’s “community” land assets, and clarifies how Council intends to manage, use or develop the land in the future.
The purpose of the Plan of Management is to:
- Contribute to the City’s broader strategic goals and functions
- Ensure compliance with the Local Government Act 1993; and
- Provide clarity in the future development, use and management of community land
The Draft Generic Community Lands Plan of Management is primarily the same document that was previously exhibited from the 6th June – 7th July 2013, however includes the following amendments:
- Amend the categorization of that part of the Hassans Walls Reserve utilized by the Lithgow Pony Club from Natural Area – Bushland to General Community Use
- Remove the reference to the Meadow Flat Sportsground as Council is no longer the Trust Manager of the site.
- Amend Map 23 to include Lot 23 DP 612655 as part of CLS 00111.
- Amend the categorization of CLS00078 – Lake Lyell Foreshores from Natural Area – Foreshore to General Community Use.
Council invites public submissions on the Draft Generic Community Lands Plan of Management. The Plan is on public exhibition from Thursday, 3rd October until Thursday 31st October 2013, and is available for public viewing at:
- Council’s website www.lithgow.nsw.gov.au;
- Council Administration Centre 180 Mort St LITHGOW NSW 2790 Mon to Fri 8.15am-4.30pm;
- Lithgow Library/Learning Centre 157 Main St LITHGOW NSW 2790 Mon to Fri 10am-6pm, Sat 9am-12pm;
- Wallerawang Library Main St WALLERAWANG NSW 2845 Tuesday 10:00am – 1:00pm & 2:00pm-6:00pm, Wednesday 10:00am – 1:00pm & 2:00pm – 6:00pm, Thursday 2:00pm – 6:00pm, Friday 2:00pm – 6:00pm, Saturday 9:00am – 12:00pm
- Portland Library 65 Williwa St PORTLAND NSW 2847 Tuesday 10:00am-1:00pm, 2:00pm - 6.00pm, Wednesday10:00am -1:00pm, 2:00pm – 6:00pm, Thursday 2:00pm – 6:00pm, Friday 2:00pm – 6:00pm, Saturday 9:00am – 12:00pm
Should any person or group wish to make a submission on the Plan, it should be in writing and be received by 4.30pm on Thursday 14th November 2013. Submissions should be addressed to The General Manager, Lithgow City Council, PO Box 19 LITHGOW NSW 2790, quoting reference POMGEN or by emailing attention General Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org.
A public hearing into the categorization of “community” land included in the Draft Generic Plan of Management is to be conducted in the Council Chambers, 180 Mort St Lithgow, on Wednesday 6th November from 6:00pm – 8:00pm. Members of the public wishing to make a submission to the public hearing should register their interest prior to the commencement of the hearing by contacting Mrs Karen Luka on 63549999.
Click here to Download Draft Generic Community Lands Plans of Management