Exhibition of Pedestrian Access Mobility Plan
Lithgow City Council has identified the need to develop a Pedestrian Access and Mobility Plan (PAMP) which will investigate and make recommendations for improvements to walking facilities along the Great Western Highway (the Highway) through Lithgow to cater for the existing and future needs of Lithgow residents and visitors in this part of the town.
The plan is now on exhibition and can be downloaded in pdf format below, or can be viewed at the Council's administration building or the libraries in Lithgow, Wallerawang and Portland.
Submissions should be addressed to the General Manager and marked "Submissions on Pedestrian Access Mobility Plan". Submissions must be received by 13th February 2014.
Download Draft Pedestrian Access Mobility Plan
EXHIBITION OF IN-KIND SUPPORT TO ZIG ZAG RAILWAY
At its meeting of 16th December 2013, Council resolved to advertise a proposal to provide $10,000 of in-kind financial support to the Zig Zag Railway.
The support is anticipated to be for the hire of Council plant and equipment.
Written submissions addressed to the General Manager and marked “Submission on Zig Zag Railway” must be received by Monday 20th January 2014.
Notice of Public Exhibition & Public Hearing - Draft Generic Community Lands Plan of Management
At the Ordinary Meeting of Council held on the 19th August 2013, the Council resolved to re-exhibit the Draft Generic Community Lands Plan of Management for a further period of twenty eight(28) days.
This Plan of Management outlines the values and features of Council’s “community” land assets, and clarifies how Council intends to manage, use or develop the land in the future.
The purpose of the Plan of Management is to:
- Contribute to the City’s broader strategic goals and functions
- Ensure compliance with the Local Government Act 1993; and
- Provide clarity in the future development, use and management of community land
The Draft Generic Community Lands Plan of Management is primarily the same document that was previously exhibited from the 6th June – 7th July 2013, however includes the following amendments:
- Amend the categorization of that part of the Hassans Walls Reserve utilized by the Lithgow Pony Club from Natural Area – Bushland to General Community Use
- Remove the reference to the Meadow Flat Sportsground as Council is no longer the Trust Manager of the site.
- Amend Map 23 to include Lot 23 DP 612655 as part of CLS 00111.
- Amend the categorization of CLS00078 – Lake Lyell Foreshores from Natural Area – Foreshore to General Community Use.
Council invites public submissions on the Draft Generic Community Lands Plan of Management. The Plan is on public exhibition from Thursday, 3rd October until Thursday 31st October 2013, and is available for public viewing at:
- Council’s website www.lithgow.nsw.gov.au;
- Council Administration Centre 180 Mort St LITHGOW NSW 2790 Mon to Fri 8.15am-4.30pm;
- Lithgow Library/Learning Centre 157 Main St LITHGOW NSW 2790 Mon to Fri 10am-6pm, Sat 9am-12pm;
- Wallerawang Library Main St WALLERAWANG NSW 2845 Tuesday 10:00am – 1:00pm & 2:00pm-6:00pm, Wednesday 10:00am – 1:00pm & 2:00pm – 6:00pm, Thursday 2:00pm – 6:00pm, Friday 2:00pm – 6:00pm, Saturday 9:00am – 12:00pm
- Portland Library 65 Williwa St PORTLAND NSW 2847 Tuesday 10:00am-1:00pm, 2:00pm - 6.00pm, Wednesday10:00am -1:00pm, 2:00pm – 6:00pm, Thursday 2:00pm – 6:00pm, Friday 2:00pm – 6:00pm, Saturday 9:00am – 12:00pm
Should any person or group wish to make a submission on the Plan, it should be in writing and be received by 4.30pm on Thursday 14th November 2013. Submissions should be addressed to The General Manager, Lithgow City Council, PO Box 19 LITHGOW NSW 2790, quoting reference POMGEN or by emailing attention General Manager at email@example.com.
A public hearing into the categorization of “community” land included in the Draft Generic Plan of Management is to be conducted in the Council Chambers, 180 Mort St Lithgow, on Wednesday 6th November from 6:00pm – 8:00pm. Members of the public wishing to make a submission to the public hearing should register their interest prior to the commencement of the hearing by contacting Mrs Karen Luka on 63549999.
Click here to Download Draft Generic Community Lands Plans of Management