EXHIBITION OF COUNCIL POLICIES
At its meeting of 24th March 2014, Council resolved to place on public exhibition for a period of 28 days the following draft Council policies:
Policy 9.20 Risk Management Policy
Policy 5.6 Companion Animals Policy
The draft policies is available from Customer Services and on the Council’s website. Written submissions addressed to the General Manager and marked “Submission on Draft Policy” must be received by 4pm on Friday 2nd May 2014 to be considered in the finalisation of the policy.
PUBLIC EXHIBITION - DRAFT OPERATIONAL PLAN 2014-15 & DRAFT FEES & CHARGES 2004-15
At The Draft Operational Plan identifies Council's Revenue Policy and capital projects to be undertaken for 2014-15.
The Draft Operational Plan and Draft Fees & Charges are on public exhibition until 4.30pm on Friday 23 May 2014 and are available for viewing at Council's Administration Centre, Lithgow Library Learning Centre, Portland Library, Wallerawang Library, Rydal Library and Council's website www.lithgow.nsw.gov.au
During the exhibition period, Council will be undertaking the following community briefing session on the Draft Operational Plan and invites residents to attend:
Wednesday 30 April - Rydal Mount Conference Centre - 6.30pm-7.30pm
Thursday 1 May - Old Hartley Schoolhouse - 6.30pm-7.30pm
Wednesday 7 May - Capertee Memorial Hall - 6.30pm -7.30pm
Council's Corporate Strategy & Communications Officer will be available to discuss the Plans at the Libraries on the following dates and times:
PORTLAND Library – Thursday 8 May, 2 – 6pm
WALLERAWANG Library – Wednesday 14 May, 2-6pm
LITHGOW Library – Thursday 15 th May, 2-6pm.
Written submissions may be made at any time during the exhibition period up until 4.30pm on Friday 23 May 2014 and should quote Council's Internal Reference No. IPR09-12.
Click here to Download Draft Operational Plan Summary
Click here to Download Draft Fees and Charges Draft 2014-2015
Click here to Download Combined Delivery Program 2013-2017 Draft Operational Plan 2014-2015
Notice of Public Exhibition & Public Hearing - Draft Generic Community Lands Plan of Management
At the Ordinary Meeting of Council held on the 19th August 2013, the Council resolved to re-exhibit the Draft Generic Community Lands Plan of Management for a further period of twenty eight(28) days.
This Plan of Management outlines the values and features of Council’s “community” land assets, and clarifies how Council intends to manage, use or develop the land in the future.
The purpose of the Plan of Management is to:
- Contribute to the City’s broader strategic goals and functions
- Ensure compliance with the Local Government Act 1993; and
- Provide clarity in the future development, use and management of community land
The Draft Generic Community Lands Plan of Management is primarily the same document that was previously exhibited from the 6th June – 7th July 2013, however includes the following amendments:
- Amend the categorization of that part of the Hassans Walls Reserve utilized by the Lithgow Pony Club from Natural Area – Bushland to General Community Use
- Remove the reference to the Meadow Flat Sportsground as Council is no longer the Trust Manager of the site.
- Amend Map 23 to include Lot 23 DP 612655 as part of CLS 00111.
- Amend the categorization of CLS00078 – Lake Lyell Foreshores from Natural Area – Foreshore to General Community Use.
Council invites public submissions on the Draft Generic Community Lands Plan of Management. The Plan is on public exhibition from Thursday, 3rd October until Thursday 31st October 2013, and is available for public viewing at:
- Council’s website www.lithgow.nsw.gov.au;
- Council Administration Centre 180 Mort St LITHGOW NSW 2790 Mon to Fri 8.15am-4.30pm;
- Lithgow Library/Learning Centre 157 Main St LITHGOW NSW 2790 Mon to Fri 10am-6pm, Sat 9am-12pm;
- Wallerawang Library Main St WALLERAWANG NSW 2845 Tuesday 10:00am – 1:00pm & 2:00pm-6:00pm, Wednesday 10:00am – 1:00pm & 2:00pm – 6:00pm, Thursday 2:00pm – 6:00pm, Friday 2:00pm – 6:00pm, Saturday 9:00am – 12:00pm
- Portland Library 65 Williwa St PORTLAND NSW 2847 Tuesday 10:00am-1:00pm, 2:00pm - 6.00pm, Wednesday10:00am -1:00pm, 2:00pm – 6:00pm, Thursday 2:00pm – 6:00pm, Friday 2:00pm – 6:00pm, Saturday 9:00am – 12:00pm
Should any person or group wish to make a submission on the Plan, it should be in writing and be received by 4.30pm on Thursday 14th November 2013. Submissions should be addressed to The General Manager, Lithgow City Council, PO Box 19 LITHGOW NSW 2790, quoting reference POMGEN or by emailing attention General Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org.
A public hearing into the categorization of “community” land included in the Draft Generic Plan of Management is to be conducted in the Council Chambers, 180 Mort St Lithgow, on Wednesday 6th November from 6:00pm – 8:00pm. Members of the public wishing to make a submission to the public hearing should register their interest prior to the commencement of the hearing by contacting Mrs Karen Luka on 63549999.
Click here to Download Draft Generic Community Lands Plans of Management