Notice of Public Exhibition & Public Hearing Draft Generic Community Lands Plan of Management
At the Ordinary Meeting of Council held on the 27th May 2013, the Council resolved to place on public exhibition the Draft Generic Community Lands Plan of Management.
This Plan of Management outlines the values and features of Council’s “community” land assets, and clarifies how Council intends to manage, use or develop the land in the future.
The purpose of the Plan of Management is to:
- Contribute to the City’s broader strategic goals and functions
- Ensure compliance with the Local Government Act 1993; and
- Provide clarity in the future development, use and management of community land
Council invites public submissions on the Draft Generic Community Lands Plan of Management. The Plan is on public exhibition from Thursday, 6th June until Thursday 4th July 2013, and is available for public viewing at:
- Council’s website;
- Council Administration Centre 180 Mort St LITHGOW NSW 2790 Mon to Fri 8.15am-4.30pm;
- Lithgow Library/Learning Centre 157 Main St LITHGOW NSW 2790 Mon to Fri 10am-6pm, Sat 9am-12pm;
- Wallerawang Library Main St WALLERAWANG NSW 2845 Tues-Wed 10am-1pm, 2pm-6pm, Thurs-Fri 2pm-6pm, Sat 9am-12pm; and
- Portland Library 65 Williwa St PORTLAND NSW 2847 Mon to Fri 2pm-6pm, Sat 9am-12pm.
Should any person or group wish to make a submission on the Plan, it should be in writing and be received by 4.30pm on Thursday 18th July 2013. Submissions should be addressed to The General Manager, Lithgow City Council, PO Box 19 LITHGOW NSW 2790, quoting reference POMGEN or by emailing attention General Manager at email@example.com.
A public hearing into the categorization of “community” land included in the Draft Generic Plan of Management is to be conducted in the Council Chambers, 180 Mort St Lithgow, on Thursday 27th June from 7:00pm – 9:00pm. Members of the public wishing to make a submission to the public hearing should register their interest prior to the commencement of the hearing by contacting Mrs Karen Luka on 63549999.
Should you require further information, please do not hesitate to contact Mrs Karen Luka on 6354 9999.
Download Draft Community Lands Plan of Management
Download Public Hearing information sheet